WELCOME TO MILAGRES ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL KALLIANPUR
The long cherished dream of the residents of Kallianpur and the initiative of The Late Rev.Fr G. L. Da Cruz was replied in 1979 with the birth of Milagres English Medium School with a Kindergarden. Ms.Thecla Pereira an able and brave teacher took charge of 12 tiny tots. Under her admirable leadership, the strength increased to 40 by 1980. Through the school started from a small shed, the courage and perseverance of Ms. Pereira and her assistant Ms. Veera Furtado along with the benevolent gaze of Our Lady of Miracles sustained the school.
The institution in 1981 took the first rung up of the ladder by the starting of standard under the guidance of Sr. Hildegard SRA as the head. Another step up the ladder was taken by the institution with the inauguration of the school building in 1982 by the Late Bishop Basil D’souza.
The Apostolic Carmel management took over the institution in 1986 ushering in new atmosphere with Sr. M. Priya A.C. as the head. A milestone was crossed in 1988 with the beginning of the high school with the encouragement of the Correspondent Rev. Fr. William Gonsalves. The dedicated service of the faculty over the years has borne fruit as today every class comprises of 2 divisions.
In the year 1988, we all witnessed and saw the birth of high school with the batch of 39 students who passed outwith a 100% result in 1991. The first correspondent, Rev. Fr. William Gonsalves was a pillar of strength & encouragement to the students & teachers alike. That little step taken in 1988 has now covered 30 years with the school taking giant steps in the educational field. The dedicated service of the faculty over the years has borne fruit as today the school boasts of 2 divisions for every class, filled with students. The infrastructure of the school has changed and we can boast that it is on par with any modern school.
In the year 2008, the nuns of the Apostolic Carmel handed over the running of the school to the priests &
Fr. Vijay Lobo became the first Headmaster who took over the reins of both the primary & the high school.
Admissions open for LKG (3 years 6 months) & 1st Std (5 years 6 months) as on 31st May 2021 for the Academic year 2021-22
These are the 4 students from our school " Milagres English Medium School " who got selected for National Volleyball Camp. Their names are:- Yaksha - 9th grade. Anica - 9th grade. Bhoomika - 10th grade. Bhuvan 10th grade.
We wish them GOOD LUCK
From Correspondent Desk
From Headmistress Desk
Milagres English Medium School continues to educate generations of students from the past three decades. This website being launched on April 1, 2019 has connected us with you – parents, Alumni and well-wishers.
As the 14th Headmistress of Milagres English Medium School, Kallianpur, since 1st July 2021, I offer you my cordial greetings. As I stepped into the premises, I learnt that the students of Milagres are good not only academically but also in sports, leadership and co-curricular activities..
Events so far ...
- Regular Online classes will continue
- Feliction of Retired Teachers
- Vanamahotsava -2021
- Republic Day celebrated by the staff of Milagres English Medium School, Kallianpur, January 26th 2021
- New Correspondent : V. Rev. Fr. Valerian Mendonca
- Deepavali and Children’s Day Celebration : 2020
- Feliction Ceremony to SSLC Examination Toppers 2019-2020 by Angel Foundation with Lion’s Club Kallianpur
- Independence Day Celebration 15-08-20
- Farwell to SSLC Students – March 14, 2020
- Scouts & Guides Halting Camp – March 7 & 8, 2020
- JAMMERS 2020 – Milagres Basketball League – Feb 27, 2020
- School Parliament Session – Feb 10, 2020
- KG Traditional Dress Day – Jan 31, 2020
- Ruby Jubilee of Kindergarten School, Mega Alumni Reunion 'Milagres Milana 2020’ - Jan 26
- Fruits Day Celebration ( KG)
- Childrens Day : November 14th 201 Celebration
- Flower Day in KG
- Milagrean Kite Festival - Oct 31, 2019
- Talenton 2019